After the fire, we moved into the Rainforest Cottage for a week. Then we lived at the Baranof Hotel for a week (don’t let the pictures on the website fool you, the place is mediocre and especially uncomfortable during the summer – there’s no AC). Then we found and moved into the Yellow House (which ironically enough overlooks the parking lot of the Baranof).
Now we’ve found it’s time to move again. The adorable and perfectly located Yellow House is going up for sale, but we’re not buying it. Some other lucky dog will. Instead we’re packing up everything we’ve accumulated and moving to another rental. Hopefully the last one before we move into Pink House v2.
- Bad news: we have to move out of the rental house we’ve been calling home for the past 9 months.
- Good news: we’ve found an excellent new rental house downtown that Meadow is very excited to live in.
- Bad news: we have to pack everything we’ve acquired since the fire and move it.
- Good news: Allstate will pay for movers to move the furniture.
- Bad news: we’re sad to leave the cute lil yellow house.
- Good news: the blue house has a great view!
- Bad news: we have to change our address with everyone, setup utilities, and again adjust to new surroundings.
- Good news: we only have to move 6 blocks and are even closer to the pink house ‘work site’.
Onward and upward!